Thursday, June 24, 2010

Power

I was recently asked about why I practice magic. They asked it as though I had some noble intention for practicing it. I pondered over it for a few moments, trying to figure out what to say precisely that would appeal to them. Why does one practice sorcery? As each magician is different so will too will their answers be different from one another.

My answer is plain and simple: I practice sorcery for the pure sport of it and for the power. I lust for power. I want to become strong, powerful, feared, respected and so on. Sorcery is my chosen path for this.

Now many people are probably saying: "Well then it isn't going to work for you."
Why not? Why will my magic not work for me if I practice it to obtain archaic power? Is it any different than practicing it to "save the Earth" or something? Are you not wanting to gain the correct power to save the Earth? Yes, you want power, but you do not lust after it like I do.

It is the same as a curse, I think. Some people don't use curses, some people don't believe they work, some people, like myself, cast curses for monies (and then do the counter-curse for more monies :D). Humans are greedy creatures. We are sinful creatures by nature. Society has tabooed greed, lust, wrath, gluttony, pride, envy, apathy, vanity because society fears to explore these deeper, more primal parts of our minds. What's the harm in taking a stroll and just feeling nothing for anyone if you then balance it later with compassion.

Balance is key to a good life. Robin Artisson wrote an excellent article on the nature of the soul and how it swings between misrule and order. We must balance our lives in this oscillation. I seek power and in return I serve the Queen and her Court. In return I give out my power willingly, give out my knowledge willingly to those who seek it. Those who hoard their knowledge and power are doomed to die with it.

So, yes. I practice sorcery for the power. I wish to scale the greatest heights, stretch the barriers of magic further than they have ever been stretched and breach walls that have been set up by others. I want to scour the occult knowledge of history and find new clues to better my magic and my power over my Self.

Many people will disagree with me, seeing magic as a spiritual vehicle for a better life. I see it as a tool. A tool that must be utilized at all times to get around problems. Every moment is a moment of magic, every moment is a show of Power.

I answered the fellow:  I don't know, I just do.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sir,
    I tried to contact you via Youtube but you have that blocked from non-friends. In your most recent videos your audio quality is very poor so I am not certain if I heard correctly, but I believe you stated you moved to Spokane, congrats, especially moving from Mo (having had friends that lived/live there). Hope you can come to Seattle some day and not to be insulting but improve the audio please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I have figured out that the audio doesn't work to well on my most recent videos. I just have to use my headset. Though, for the life of me, I can't really think of things to talk about. And I am working so much. Life has really taken over, as it were XD

    ReplyDelete