Thursday, October 07, 2010

All Hallows

All Hallows is quickly approaching. The air here is so much different than back home. Usually after the Harvest I would be able to feel the Underland's cold breath, but here it is different. Only now am I beginning to feel it. The Land of Spokane is so completely different from Montana. It is to be expected. Usually by now I would be expecting some winter chill and a bit of snow, but here it is just rainy and goes on and off between cold and hot. It is most strange.

But there are signs of the crown of the Underworld taking the place of the crown of Heaven. The leaves are starting to turn and that crisp smell of dead leaves reaches my nostrils in the morning. That is my favorite part. I am getting ready to start sweeping up those leaves and fallen branches and work on my carving skills! I am excited for the Hallows festival and to honor the pale ones below the Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment