Thursday, October 14, 2010

October Mist and Clean up for the Spirits

Ah! This morning was so beautiful. I awoke, as per usual, at around 8:30 to the sound of the rest of the house waking up. I retrieved my phone to see if I received any texts in the night and looking up I thought I was still dreaming for surrounding my house was a soft cottony mist. I was used to seeing mist whilst in the mountains camping so it was wonderful to see some mist in a town. I took the above picture with my camera phone, so excuse the horrible quality.


The sun hidden behind the clouds, but it had already stained the sky with hints of pink and gold. It was truly a glorious morning, and I take it as an excellent omen. Today I am going to be travelling to that spot my uncle took me to and do some clean up (and steal the bastard's shoe at that....). I will be taking an offering of milk and honey with a piece of bread and do a small rite to let the spirits of the place know that I am here to help. The area in question is quite amazing. It is a little piece of wildlife seemingly on the outskirts of the city, and yet there is more city beyond it. It is not a park or anything like that. It is more of a cliff, if anything. The feel of the place is ancient and certainly a place of power.

The area is also covered in mushrooms of all shapes and sizes and it will help me get a jump start on my Mushroom Diary, a little project that I am working on to better understand these mysterious fungi that are so connected to the Underworld currents. There are also three very significant thorn trees and I was told to call the area Thorntree Place during that time between sleeping and getting ready for sleep. I am not sure if it was just my evening thoughts swirling, or if I should actually refer to it as Thorntree Place.

Here is a picture of one of the mushrooms that I found. I thought it was very cute and so I asked if I could take a photograph.


Such a cute little thing. There are also wild strawberries around the area and various other plants that I still need to identify.

Now it is off to clean up that area and make the connection!

Wassail and Frith,
Angus.

No comments:

Post a Comment