Monday, March 22, 2010

Experience a Bus-Stop

Experience A Bus-Stop

One waits a while at a bus stop
One sees many "abnormals"
A fellow sits with me, chatting away
Far away: I do not speak his tongue
Another fellow sucks at his smokey teat
Huffing and puffing at nefarious carcinogens
I cough and chuckle at his demise.
Cars drive by. Very loud cars. Have they always been so?
It must be the second hand vaporous milk....
Some stop for pick ups.
Odd thing to do, for a bus stop.
A very strange thing indeed, me thinks.
A bus stop is for buses not for cars!
Why do they do this abnormality?
Then again that man just got off here
His bus only picked him up moments before.
Laziness and impatience, that is all I have seen here
Here in this city.
Looking up the street the bus still has not arrived.
More cars, though, lots of cars.
But none are my salvation! None have luminous letters
Of Division!
Fuck. I'm choking upon clouds of death
With a foreign language in my ear.
Why endure this metaphoric hell?
Who would do this every day?
A sado-masochistic observer, that's who.
And that SMO is-- The bus is here, gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment