Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Mastering Witchcraft

Wassail!

So, I am going to start setting some goals for myself because lately I have become rather lax in my practice. All the research is there, but I have become lax in putting said research to practice, haha!

So, what I am going to do is I am going to start working through all the exercises given in Paul Husons Mastering Witchcraft and record them here. This will last for the time period of two weeks. I am going to use his version of the circle and everything. I will not, however, be using his tools. I will be using mine, because let's face it: Paul Huson is so ceremonial it is almost sickening. Not that this is a bad thing, it just isn't my style, see?

But I will be trying his various spells and stuff that he has on there. If you have never read this book I suggest that you do because it is an excellent book on witchcraft even if Mr. Huson is a bit too ceremonial for my taste. I will be starting this little adventure tomorrow.

The point of this is to learn to post on my blog at least every day with something new and improved. It is also to help me learn what techniques work the best for me in magic. In reading the book The Sorcerer's Secrets I have learned that one must try and find something that works for the practitioner even if it doesn't have to do with one tradition. Like using Goetic demons instead of your own familiars; it might work for you it might not, but try it and see what happens!

Right, so this little experiment/project will start tomorrow! So look out for new posts every day and look out for tomorrow's podcast where I will go over the Horn of Evenwood in more detail.

Wassail and Frith,
Twisting Ways.

1 comment: