Thursday, August 05, 2010

Drinking with the Devil in the Pale Starlight!


I drank with the Devil in the pale starlight
And His spirits danced around me.
Fear gripped me in their whirling dance
And ecstasy overtook me.
I am everywhere and I am no-where,
I am within and I am without,
I am deep within the Earth,
And in the Highest Heavens.
The stars seemed so much brighter,
The air seemed so much cleaner,
When I drank with the Devil in starlight.
My mind is sharpened,
My will is strong,
My wisdom is increased.
I wait for my Master
And toast His name
And share a Holy Feast.
O, Goat-Eyed Angel,
Twisted and Horned
Come forth from the Undying Lands!
Sit with me and drink with me
And speak with me in Dreams.
I drank with the Devil in the Pale Starlight,
And, O, what visions did I see.
I shall do it again,
And when I do
Perhaps you will dine with me.
Lammas 2010 Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment