Sunday, August 01, 2010

A Prayer for the Sacrificial King

Goat-eyed Master, Lord of Light and the Fields, Servant of Fate, Sacrificed One and Reverser I come before you with words of worship. I come before you as a Servant of the Cunning Flame, as a Servant of Fate, and as a Son of the Art Magical. The Land has been fruitful this many a moon and now the Land is dying. The food is plentiful, the powers strong, but the Summer months are coming to a close. Winter's frigid breath licks at my heels amongst cool breezes. As you return to the Land in your Sacrifice may I also take the journey with You, O King. May my sacrifice give power to the Land and may I give back to the Land as it did give to me. As Your body is ripped and torn and burned and drowned so too may I feel Your pain and sacrifice. I weep by rivers and streams, upon hills and in valleys for my Dying Prince, for my Sacrificed King, for You, my Master. I revere Your sacrifice for the Land and for Your People. I stand in awe of your Grandeur. You are my savior and I put no trust in other things for I know You shall guide me and protect me as You have always done. The Land is thick with the blood of Your beautiful body and from the Land shall come beautiful plants and animals and all Life. Death comes, Life shall return. I take of this grain and of this wine knowing of Your Sacrifice, knowing of your Return. I give this Sacrifice, this Offering back to the Land, knowing of my Sacrifice, and knowing of my Duty to Celebrate Your Return! The King is Dead, Long live the King! So Shall it be by Toad and Hare, by Crow and Serpent!

Lammas 2010 Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment